Some interesting statistics there:

Pop out

http://www.good.is/posts/intermission-w ... -reversed/

THE DOGLADY'S DEN

Unread postPosted: May 13th, 2013, 1:39 pm 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Happy

Interesting video there Debbie, I wonder if men and women composed this video , IMO, there are plenty of hot women who aren't magazine model look a likes, just as there are plenty of men--- men, who are just as man, man in the same way', its true we are duped not just by the media for the hot or macho look, but Tv and movies as well'

Smile:: It makes people wonder what you have been up to ""

For this message the author Glenda has received thanks: Debbie
  Rating: 9.09%
Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2013, 7:35 am 
Omega
Omega

$5 Billion a year is spent trying to get our attention. If we look at the hook then we are gonna see the product or the product name. If one is duped into living their lives in a manner in which these adds are delivered, then one has problems with bigger issues.

For this message the author macofmootnmac has received thanks: Debbie
  Rating: 9.09%
Unread postPosted: May 14th, 2013, 3:08 pm 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Cool

Thanks for feedback. Many shallow people out there who consider physical beauty more important than other values. I found those statistics about breast augmentation and tummy tucks particularly interesting. Is there a correlation between objectifying women in ads and sexual assault statistics? That was another point this video was trying to make. None of those women were dragged kicking and screaming in front of the camera, so, it was their own choice and I'm sure they were paid well, but, I have to question their sense of self-worth. The role reversal clearly illustrates how ridiculous that type of advertising is. What's wrong with portraying men and women as equals?! 8-|

THE DOGLADY'S DEN

Unread postPosted: May 16th, 2013, 9:49 am 
Omega
Omega

Debbie wrote:
Thanks for feedback. Many shallow people out there who consider physical beauty more important than other values. I found those statistics about breast augmentation and tummy tucks particularly interesting. Is there a correlation between objectifying women in ads and sexual assault statistics? That was another point this video was trying to make. None of those women were dragged kicking and screaming in front of the camera, so, it was their own choice and I'm sure they were paid well, but, I have to question their sense of self-worth. The role reversal clearly illustrates how ridiculous that type of advertising is. What's wrong with portraying men and women as equals?! 8-|

Unread postPosted: May 16th, 2013, 9:51 am 
Omega
Omega

macofmootnmac wrote:
Debbie wrote:
...........Equality will never be an issue when comparing men to women. Men to men or Women to women, yes, but never will the two be equal for we are both unique.