It is currently January 23rd, 2018, 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Unread postPosted: September 4th, 2012, 6:41 pm 

By someone that speaks a different language?

We have this one particular store near my house that is run by what by my best sense tells me middle eastern people of origin.

Everytime I go to this store this one employee mumbles something under his breath that I can hear but I don't understand arabic, I just get this feeling he's a little less than pro American Government.

My uniform gives away my gov job status so nothing I can do about that now besides the fact he knows my face now and every time I go to this store I just get this feeling he would really like to suicide bomb me, LOL I can feel vibes from people and this dude really has no use for me and hates me.

I don't get vibes like that often, especialy from a convience store checker but this dude's vibes towards me are always bad.

Maybe I should get Rosetta Stone and learn Arabic and blow his mind one day. :))

Last edited by Literally Speaking on September 4th, 2012, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: September 4th, 2012, 6:52 pm 
Epsilon
Epsilon

:ymhug: :ymhug: JUST TRY TO LEARN THEIR LANGUAGE LOL

Unread postPosted: September 4th, 2012, 7:48 pm 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Happy

me grammaw wrote:
:ymhug: :ymhug: JUST TRY TO LEARN THEIR LANGUAGE LOL

just learn enough to say-

GO Ahead- Make My Day"" :D :D

Smile:: It makes people wonder what you have been up to ""

For this message the author Glenda has received thanks: me grammaw
  Rating: 9.09%
Unread postPosted: September 4th, 2012, 9:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mood: Cool

happens a lot around here, since I live in a farming community there are a lot of non English speaking folks around :-o

Unread postPosted: September 4th, 2012, 9:29 pm 

Boycott 'em.

Unread postPosted: September 4th, 2012, 9:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mood: Tired

Travelling on mass transit in NYC, you don't know who is saying what to whom half the time.
Hopefully I'm not doing anything to anybody for them to curse about me, not that I care, but if I do get that feeling, I just stare at them. Sooner or later, someone will say something understandable or back away.

Unread postPosted: September 5th, 2012, 8:53 am 
Omega
Omega

Literally Speaking wrote:
By someone that speaks a different language?

We have this one particular store near my house that is run by what by my best sense tells me middle eastern people of origin.

Everytime I go to this store this one employee mumbles something under his breath that I can hear but I don't understand arabic, I just get this feeling he's a little less than pro American Government.

My uniform gives away my gov job status so nothing I can do about that now besides the fact he knows my face now and every time I go to this store I just get this feeling he would really like to suicide bomb me, LOL I can feel vibes from people and this dude really has no use for me and hates me.

I don't get vibes like that often, especialy from a convience store checker but this dude's vibes towards me are always bad.

Maybe I should get Rosetta Stone and learn Arabic and blow his mind one day. :))
.............The essence of his mumblings can be interpreted as......"look at this 'douch-bag'........coming in here day after day spending his money with someone he despises."..........and his co-worker imterjects saying, "Yea, he probably figgers we despise him also..............ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!......Saleem sahib al mufftada yankee, d'sall wa-eek."

Unread postPosted: September 5th, 2012, 11:34 am 
Zeta
Zeta

Yes I have experienced this and decided to find a new place to get what I wanted, if they can't make me feel welcome they don't need my money.

For this message the author Dick has received thanks: macofmootnmac
  Rating: 9.09%