Gamma
Gamma

Mood: Tired

It seems to be lacking in our society today . :( :( :( **== **== **==

Unread postPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 8:31 am 
Zeta
Zeta

Somewhere along the way it became fashionable to question authority and after a few years of questioning authority it was no longer shocking enough to merely question, it became fashionable to defy authority completely. Now we have arrived in a society that simply doesn't condemn anyone for their acts. We have lost our appreciation of decency and order. I, like most people I know, am aware of this decay of society but I have no idea how to reverse the trend.
We did not get to this point overnight. It took half of a century to do the damage that has been done to society and it will take a generation or two to repair.

Unread postPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 11:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mood: Cool

I think its not being taught at home anymore.....

Unread postPosted: September 29th, 2016, 6:41 am 
Zeta
Zeta

mom wrote:
I think its not being taught at home anymore.....

And that is indeed the root problem. Our children are not teaching their children respect for others which leads one to ask "Did we fail in teaching our children the importance of proper parenting?"

Unread postPosted: November 1st, 2016, 11:05 am 
Beta
Beta

Not being taught at home IS the ROOT problem! Two sides to the argument though, small town, Barney Phife who was never respected in school by anyone, took to being a cop to force people to acknowledge him, let the games begin and the stories are legendary regarding screwing with him and rightly so. I hope you didn't think this was a city issue! Most small towns have fell into preferred hiring of military, where the teens are given a first pass for being stupid teens because they were one and they prefer to spend their time on actual crime. That solved most of the problems. Meanwhile inner cities don't get it from either side yet. They've dropped standards and people are under the false impression that you go to jail for a joint. I find it cheaper to pay an attorney for traffic tickets and not argue with police, I do have to admit our judicial system is screwed up and I comprehend being pissed. Black, Brown, white, we nearly all legally carry guns and don't go through the BS and manage to say sir or ma'am no matter how pissed off we are. There in lies the difference.