It is currently February 24th, 2018, 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Unread postPosted: June 24th, 2014, 6:33 pm 
Omicron
Omicron

Mood: Cool

Drone Outside Window Spooks Seattle Woman .....

Drone Outside Window Spooks Seattle Woman But Cops Say No Law Broken (Astounding!)
BY DEVIN COLDEWEY
A Seattle woman was surprised to find a drone hovering outside her apartment window early Sunday morning,but police say despite seeming creepy, there was nothing illegal about it. The drone, specifically a remotely operated "hexacopter," was a good distance from Lisa Pleiss' building and could have been photographing a nearby construction site. Nevertheless, Pleiss, who lives on the 26th floor, was disconcerted, and alerted her building's concierge and the police. The craft's operators, laden with camera gear, departed before officers arrived — though police might not have had much to say to them. "There really aren't any specific laws to the UAVs [unmanned aerial vehicles] other than not being dangerous," Seattle police spokesman Drew Fowler explained Tuesday. "This is a new issue and I'm sure our lawmakers will provide guidance soon." Seattleites may be more on alert than others after another peeping-drone incident last year.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/d ... aw-n139626

No laws against peeping toms??? Get real. Since when??? This is an illegal act.

Seattle Washington
RCW 9a.46.110
Stalking.

(1) A person commits the crime of stalking if, without lawful authority and under circumstances not amounting to a felony attempt of another crime:

(a) He or she intentionally and repeatedly harasses or repeatedly follows another person; and

(b) The person being harassed or followed is placed in fear that the stalker intends to injure the person, another person, or property of the person or of another person. The feeling of fear must be one that a reasonable person in the same situation would experience under all the circumstances; and

(c) The stalker either:

(i) Intends to frighten, intimidate, or harass the person; or

(ii) Knows or reasonably should know that the person is afraid, intimidated, or harassed even if the stalker did not intend to place the person in fear or intimidate or harass the person.

(2)(a) It is not a defense to the crime of stalking under subsection (1)(c)(i) of this section that the stalker was not given actual notice that the person did not want the stalker to contact or follow the person; and

(b) It is not a defense to the crime of stalking under subsection (1)(c)(ii) of this section that the stalker did not intend to frighten, intimidate, or harass the person.

(3) It shall be a defense to the crime of stalking that the defendant is a licensed private investigator acting within the capacity of his or her license as provided by chapter 18.165 RCW.

(4) Attempts to contact or follow the person after being given actual notice that the person does not want to be contacted or followed constitutes prima facie evidence that the stalker intends to intimidate or harass the person. "Contact" includes, in addition to any other form of contact or communication, the sending of an electronic communication to the person.

(5)(a) Except as provided in (b) of this subsection, a person who stalks another person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.

Continued...............................

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9a.46.110

Don't do that.
Can't you read the signs....?"

Unread postPosted: June 24th, 2014, 10:12 pm 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Happy

That's unreal.lorelei....NO crime''''''' I'm with you GF'''''
thks for sharin' :)

Smile:: It makes people wonder what you have been up to ""

Unread postPosted: June 25th, 2014, 8:03 pm 

LMAO I have a drone and I can fly it where I want to, if you stand naked in front of a window you better have a window blind to keep people from looking at you, or you might get charged with being an exhibitionist.

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it.

Gettin a little TOO politically "This is my world and you can't look" correct.

I can honestly not believe this was even brought up except the media trying to yank the publics chains. Don't want to be seen? Stay inside.

Don't want to be seen naked PUT YOUR DAMNED CLOTHES ON!!! period.

Or you can simply draw the curtains closed. Why should ones right to use a mass produced product be hindered because some dumb ass "thought" she could because she lived high up in a condo?

Next thing we will hear is some idiot trying to sue because a satellite doing updates for the same GPS she uses to get her to Starbucks catches her shiny white ass while she's sunbathing.

Good f*** grief.

I want my 5 mins back from having to read this useless post and the time to reply to the idiocy.

[-x

Unread postPosted: June 26th, 2014, 6:28 am 
Omicron
Omicron

I don't know.
If these guys weren't doing something wrong, what was their big hurry to get away before the cops came?

Quote:
The craft's operators, laden with camera gear, departed before officers arrived

It's really hard to say who they were and exactly what they were doing.
It may not have had anything to do with any individual at all.
They could have simply been casing the area in order to plan a crime such as a theft, home invasion, looking for a specific car for car-jacking or any number of things.

If they were innocent intentions, why did they run and why not play with their toy outside the city limits where it will be less likely to upset people.

They probably didn't have any interest in what that woman was doing at all but their actions did bother her and this is not the only time something like this has happened either.

It's one thing to play with a remote chopper or whatever but one loaded with camera gear is another story and doing it in city limits is another thing also.
I think they would need a city permit to remote fly & film in city limits because if they don't follow certain guidelines in city limits especially, they could cause traffic accidents and other dangerous incidents to happen, which goes way beyond one woman being made to feel uncomfortable about it. Not to mention the fact that people have a right to privacy especially in their own homes or should we just throw that out with the Constitution and our other rights...............

IDK......just food for thought......maybe you can put that in Your pipe and smoke it and think about that for a while.

Don't do that.

Unread postPosted: June 26th, 2014, 11:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:-? :-? :-? :-?

Unread postPosted: June 27th, 2014, 9:55 am 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Happy

Been all over the news here, seem the drone belongs to a Construction company doing aerial photograph of it's property.

LORD HELP ME TO BE THE PERSON MY DOG BELIEVES I AM

Unread postPosted: June 28th, 2014, 11:10 am 

One persons rights end when they infringe on another's. So put your clothes on or draw your window "blind" <-- key word, and I will fly my drone.

It don't get any simpler than that.

Unread postPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 2:11 pm 
Omicron
Omicron

I just think it might be a bit too much for people driving in a city.
So many accidents are caused by rubber-necking as it is.
I totally get it..someone wants to keep updated on job progress in real time and pics for their advertisement.
It could so easily and terribly be abused also......... but then everything else is these days to so why not???

Don't do that.