It is currently January 21st, 2018, 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 7:21 am 
Nu
Nu

What do you think of someone who dresses completely in clothes from another era? I was watching this talk show with that blond haired guy, I forget his name, he had on a guest, this nice looking brunette who was 23 years old but loved the 19,50's, I loved it, I like people who follow the beat of their own heart and not follow the masses. Personally I wear skirts or dresses like 90 percent of my time out and some people just don't get that I'm not going anywhere important. What's your opinion, is she looking odd, fabulous or don't you care at all?

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 7:27 am 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Happy

I too love it when someone is not afraid to make their own fashion statement. Within reason, however, lol. Nothing wrong with wearing skirts and dresses all the time. ;) :D
As long as you look nice, and can actually pull off the look, in regards to your own body type as well. Nothing worse then a 60 year old women, who is a bit on the chuncky side, trying to sport a leather mini skirt, with a neon halter top, with silver plateform shoes, and all the wrinkled bulges peeking out. :)) :)) :)) :-o

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 7:33 am 
Nu
Nu

MamaV wrote:
I too love it when someone is not afraid to make their own fashion statement. Within reason, however, lol. Nothing wrong with wearing skirts and dresses all the time. ;) :D
As long as you look nice, and can actually pull off the look, in regards to your own body type as well. Nothing worse then a 60 year old women, who is a bit on the chuncky side, trying to sport a leather mini skirt, with a neon halter top, with silver plateform shoes, and all the wrinkled bulges peeking out. :)) :)) :)) :-o

Good point about body type, this woman on the show looked really fabulous in the 19,50's style, they did a makeover on her which also looked very nice but she said she was going to go back to the fake eyelashes and her own style, interesting segment.

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 7:43 am 
Omega
Omega

Being the BLACK SHEEP of the family, they all know, that I do whatever I feel like, and what looks good to me. I LOVE to see people in different period clothing. In the Hot Rod culture, you'll always see clothing of the 50s. The majority of the time, this is how they dress EVERY DAY, and NOT just for club functions. You have to have the right state of mind, and feel comfortable, not caring what others think or say. I wish we dressed like the 20s, 30s and 40s today. Some of those clothes are so classy, to me. :-bd

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 7:47 am 
Nu
Nu

BILLYKID wrote:
Being the BLACK SHEEP of the family, they all know, that I do whatever I feel like, and what looks good to me. I LOVE to see people in different period clothing. In the Hot Rod culture, you'll always see clothing of the 50s. The majority of the time, this is how they dress EVERY DAY, and NOT just for club functions. You have to have the right state of mind, and feel comfortable, not caring what others think or say. I wish we dressed like the 20s, 30s and 40s today. Some of those clothes are so classy, to me. :-bd

I totally agree with you on this one! I love the sexy skirts from the 19,40's, the fabulous clothes for men and women from the roaring 20's, the hats, etc, they really knew how to dress back then.

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 8:08 am 
Omega
Omega

Bewitched wrote:
BILLYKID wrote:

I totally agree with you on this one! I love the sexy skirts from the 19,40's, the fabulous clothes for men and women from the roaring 20's, the hats, etc, they really knew how to dress back then.

I always liked the pleated pants with a cuff, wide lapel suit coats, and the hats.

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 8:25 am 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Happy

ohhhh Me too. I loved the 1940's look, where men dressed like men, in suites and hats. And women in classic dresses, complete with hat and gloves, just to go out to run errends, and do some food shopping. :D :D :D

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 8:33 am 
Gamma
Gamma

Personally, I love it when folks dress in "older styles"... When we went to the Queen Mary for our work Christmas party years ago... There was a convension going on, met all these peeps in the bar that were very theatrical.... They all dressed the parts!... It was a lot of fun!... After we all closed the bar, we snuck in places going ghost hunting....it was a weird feeling walking alone in the halls at three in the morning and all you see are these folks dressed in the Era... Kind of made you feel like you were on the boat back in the days!.... It was a lot of fun!....

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 10:30 am 
Tau
Tau

It depends on what period they're dressing in.

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 10:50 am 
Omega
Omega

REALLY! :D

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 11:11 am 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Cool

MamaV wrote:

Dressing for body type is important, but I think it's wonderful that people follow their own bliss and don't care what others think and I'm the same way. My look is basically a throwback to the hippie era, complete with long, straight hair and I'm almost 60. :D B-) (seeing THAT in print! :-o :-o :-o :-o Hard to believe....... :)) :)) :)) :p )

THE DOGLADY'S DEN

For this message the author Debbie has received thanks: Iyam
  Rating: 9.09%
Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 11:31 am 
Omega
Omega

Debbie wrote:
[My look is basically a throwback to the hippie era, complete with long, straight hair and I'm almost 60. :D B-) (seeing THAT in print! :-o :-o :-o :-o Hard to believe....... :)) :)) :)) :p )

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :ymhug:

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 12:39 pm 
Nu
Nu

MamaV wrote:
ohhhh Me too. I loved the 1940's look, where men dressed like men, in suites and hats. And women in classic dresses, complete with hat and gloves, just to go out to run errends, and do some food shopping. :D :D :D

Me too MamaV, smiling.

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 12:40 pm 
Nu
Nu

Porkenstein wrote:
Personally, I love it when folks dress in "older styles"... When we went to the Queen Mary for our work Christmas party years ago... There was a convension going on, met all these peeps in the bar that were very theatrical.... They all dressed the parts!... It was a lot of fun!... After we all closed the bar, we snuck in places going ghost hunting....it was a weird feeling walking alone in the halls at three in the morning and all you see are these folks dressed in the Era... Kind of made you feel like you were on the boat back in the days!.... It was a lot of fun!....

That does sound like a lot of fun, I like things like that, lends itself to an air of mystery.

Unread postPosted: March 8th, 2012, 12:42 pm 
Nu
Nu

Iyam wrote:
It depends on what period they're dressing in.

Lol, aww come on girl, post a picture of you in that.