It is currently January 23rd, 2018, 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2010, 9:25 am 
Alpha
Alpha

Do you wax, tweeze or thread your eyebrows?

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2010, 9:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mood: Tired

Well since I barely have any eyebrows, I just tweeze a little. I don't know what happened to them but I know my mom had the same problem.
I would like to try the threading but I don't think there is enough to thread with. I don't really know too much about it

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2010, 9:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I love your new avatar T

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2010, 9:39 am 
Alpha
Alpha

Thanks. :)

I have dark eyebrows that would look like fuzzy catipellars if I didn't do anything too them. I use to tweeze, but now I have them waxed.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2010, 10:26 am 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Happy

Sorry Gals, none of they above. One good thing about being of German decent, and being blond and fair skinned, is that I barely have eyebrows. lol Most the hair is blond and not noticable. I don't even bother. For them to thread them they would need a strong magnifying glass. :)) Now my daughters have darker skin and darker hair from their Hispanic side. They go and have theirs threaded.

For those of you who don't know what threading is
???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threading_(epilation)

My daughters say it is less painful then waxing or tweezing/plucking, lasts longer, and is much quicker. They are out of there in about 10 minuets, and that is including the time it takes to pay for it. Costs about $8.00, but last up to two months.

side note: My son-in-law also gets his done too, other wise he looks like a huge furry catipiller, with a unibrow thing going on. lol Not much but just enough to clean them up and make them look normal and yet still masculine. ;)

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2010, 12:50 pm 
Omega
Omega

Your Welcome, ;)

I had never heard of it either, until my daughters started doing it summer before last. :)

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2010, 12:53 pm 
Alpha
Alpha

Talatha wrote:
Thank God I don't have to do my mom's, then I'd be a Mother Plucker :)) sorry girls I couldn't resist...

=)) =)) =))

The one thing you should never ever do is use an electric razor to save the eyebrow hairs between your eyes. When I was a teen I thought it would save me a lot of time. It did, but I ended up also shaving about a 1/2 inch off each brow.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2010, 1:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

"Sorry Gals, none of they above. One good thing about being of German decent, and being blond and fair skinned, is that I barely have eyebrows. lol Most the hair is blond and not noticable."
I'm glad you said something MamaV, I too am blonde and my eyebrows are very blonde. Even though my hair has gotten much darker, my eyebrows have not. I do have to pluck some but that is just so they look like there is some shape to whatever is there. My mother had brown hair and so did my dad and does my sister, so they have brown eyebrows. I think my mom just plucked her's too much and they stopped growing. I don't think my sister has this problem. Maybe it's a blonde thing?

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2010, 7:49 pm 
Omega
Omega

Wolfie, thanks for asking. I didn't know either, and still don't.
MamaV, there is no info there, so I still don't know what it is.

Unread postPosted: January 10th, 2010, 10:48 am 
Omega
Omega

BILLYKID wrote:
Wolfie, thanks for asking. I didn't know either, and still don't.
MamaV, there is no info there, so I still don't know what it is.

Threading is an ancient method of hair removal which originated in (China) but is continued in India and other countries. It is now gaining popularity in Western countries. It is popular with women in Arab countries and it is popular in Persian culture where it is called Bande Abru ("Abru" means eyebrow, and "Band" is the thread). Threading the entire face is widely spread amongst Iranians, but it was originally practiced when a woman was getting married or during special occasions. In ancient Persia, threading was a sign that a girl had reached adulthood and become a woman.

Practitioners use a pure, thin, twisted cotton thread which is rolled over untidy hairlines, moustaches and so on, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing where a single hair is pulled out each time, threading can remove an entire row of hair, resulting in a straighter line. However, due to a larger area of hair being removed at once, it can be quite painful for some.

Like other methods of hair removal such as plucking or waxing, threading can result in skin irritation and ingrown hairs.

As the top layers of skin are not peeled or traumatized, if done properly, threading is an alternative for those with sensitive skin or who use Retin-A, Accutane, and similar products
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threading_(epilation)

Sorry Billy, I don't know why my link didn't work for you. But this is what it says.

Unread postPosted: January 15th, 2010, 11:26 am 

i have not had my eyebrows done i MANY years. I just use a pencil to give them shape and slightly fill in.

i dont think waxing or threading is good for anyone's eyebrows.

Unread postPosted: January 15th, 2010, 2:31 pm 
Beta
Beta

Preshyboo wrote:
i have not had my eyebrows done i MANY years. I just use a pencil to give them shape and slightly fill in.

i dont think waxing or threading is good for anyone's eyebrows.

That comes from someone who doesn't require any brow removal.

Waxing and I'm guessing threading as well require the hair to grow in enough to be pulled and if they all come out at once (painful) it means they all grow back at once. Tweezing means you can get them one by one as they appear so you don't have to worry about your brows or any other area of your body looking stubbly. Tweezers cost $2 and last until someone uses them as tool, plus it takes less time than a trip to the salon.

I think the means has more to do with hair type and color.

Unread postPosted: July 15th, 2011, 3:41 am 
Iota
Iota

Edith_Edith wrote:
I have thick eyebrows. It was a real problem for me before to tweeze it. But several months ago I heard about waxing. Now i attend my beautician at beauty salons in Windsor Berkshire every two weeks.

really?

No one can read our Constitution without concluding that the people who wrote it wanted their government severely limited; the words “no” and “not” employed in restraint of government power occur 24 times in the first seven articles of the Constitution and 22 more times in the Bill of Rights. – Edmund A. Opitz

Unread postPosted: July 15th, 2011, 5:37 am 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Cool

Spammer.

THE DOGLADY'S DEN

Unread postPosted: July 15th, 2011, 5:53 am 
Iota
Iota

Debbie wrote:
Spammer.

Leave this for Russ.

He likes the spammers. He lets them hang out before he decides its a spammer. This post should have been removed hours ago but since we can't do anything about it, We should just make fun of those who can and never do. Kinda like telling the children to put the dishes in the dishwasher,

Another cup left in the sink.

No one can read our Constitution without concluding that the people who wrote it wanted their government severely limited; the words “no” and “not” employed in restraint of government power occur 24 times in the first seven articles of the Constitution and 22 more times in the Bill of Rights. – Edmund A. Opitz