It is currently January 23rd, 2018, 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 5:44 pm 
Nu
Nu

Do you wish hats would come back in style in a big way and if they did would you wear them and what style is your favorite? Also, did you love the hats at the Royal wedding, I thought they were fantastic. My favorite hat is a hat with netting in the front, perhaps a pillbox style but I love so many types. I wish they would make a big comeback here and not just for The Kentucky Derby or an event but really hit all of the states. How about you?

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 5:55 pm 
Omicron
Omicron

Mood: Cool

I thought they were pretty cool for the wedding and I like the netted ones too but I don't really think I want them in style.

I like my Auburn cap, my straw hat to keep gnats off and the floppy fishing hats.

Don't do that.
Can't you read the signs....?"

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 5:59 pm 
Nu
Nu

Lorelei wrote:
I thought they were pretty cool for the wedding and I like the netted ones too but I don't really think I want them in style.

I like my Auburn cap, my straw hat to keep gnats off and the floppy fishing hats.

I like caps too, I need to get a new black one for the spring to wear with jeans, the only thing is I honestly love skirts and dresses and wear them more than pants. I think I was born in the wrong era, I love the look of the 19,20's or the 19,40's. I did enjoy watching the hats at the Royal wedding, some were pretty crazy, smiling.

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:05 pm 
Omicron
Omicron

Some of them looked like you shouldn't even enter the room without safety glasses too! lol

Don't do that.

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:13 pm 
Delta
Delta

i like hats , i wear them a lot , caps too . have a big straw one i wear in the sun , i love dresses and skirts .. comfy ,comfy ,, my grandmother wore a hat to a funeral that was netted ,, i love them ... but the ones they wear for the derby are wayyyyyyyyyyy to bog and outlandish lol i think thats suppose to be a southern belle thang ..

Last edited by grammaw on May 7th, 2011, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:21 pm 
Nu
Nu

grammaw wrote:
i like hats , i wear them a lot , caps too . have a big straw one i wear in the sun , i love dresses and skirts .. comfy ,comfy ,, my grandmother wore a hate to a funeral that was netted ,, i love them ... but the ones they wear for the derby are wayyyyyyyyyyy to bog and outlandish lol i think thats suppose to be a southern belle thang ..

Maybe I need to check out the South, I think I like that Southern Belle thing grammaw, smiling.

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:43 pm 
Delta
Delta

Bewitched wrote:
grammaw wrote:
i like hats , i wear them a lot , caps too . have a big straw one i wear in the sun , i love dresses and skirts .. comfy ,comfy ,, my grandmother wore a hate to a funeral that was netted ,, i love them ... but the ones they wear for the derby are wayyyyyyyyyyy to bog and outlandish lol i think thats suppose to be a southern belle thang ..

Maybe I need to check out the South, I think I like that Southern Belle thing grammaw, smiling.
bw ,the real southerners moved outa cities here ,,we all moved to little places ,, the progress of man tore our town all to hell ,,and tried to change our way of life .. we are good down home people ,,but the college took our town over ,,so if you move to ky dont go to bowling green ..its a college town now ... my son lives on the outskirts ... a city is a city no matter the state but country will always be a state of mind :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

only a cowboy hat :D

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:52 pm 
Alpha
Alpha

I do not wear hats, as a rule, hate them really. I have an old ball cap by the door that I put on when it's raining and I have to take the dogs out. I don't even wear hats in the winter. If it's snowing, I wear a coat with a hood. Hate hat hair! I live in Maine and don't own a winter hat, that should tell you something;)

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 6:59 pm 
Delta
Delta

boxermom wrote:
I do not wear hats, as a rule, hate them really. I have an old ball cap by the door that I put on when it's raining and I have to take the dogs out. I don't even wear hats in the winter. If it's snowing, I wear a coat with a hood. Hate hat hair! I live in Maine and don't own a winter hat, that should tell you something;)
yes it does lol main real REAL COLD !!!

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:19 pm 
Nu
Nu

grammaw wrote:
Bewitched wrote:
grammaw wrote:

bw ,the real southerners moved outa cities here ,,we all moved to little places ,, the progress of man tore our town all to hell ,,and tried to change our way of life .. we are good down home people ,,but the college took our town over ,,so if you move to ky dont go to bowling green ..its a college town now ... my son lives on the outskirts ... a city is a city no matter the state but country will always be a state of mind :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

I was with my kids today. Waiting for them while they were taking their S.A.T exams. These fine, ahem, young men were hanging around basically being menacing, calling each other nigga, yes I'm spelling it the way they say it, they went on to loudly describe their breakfast which was a womans body part. They were disgusting, if this is the city, it's a sad breakdown of society, or maybe it's the same everywhere?

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:20 pm 
Nu
Nu

♥mom♥ wrote:
only a cowboy hat :D

That's kind of kinky mom, lol. Just teasing girl, smiling.

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:21 pm 
Nu
Nu

boxermom wrote:

You have a point about that, hat hair, lol. Maine, ahh the home of the show Dark Shadow's!

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:22 pm 
Alpha
Alpha

[ yes it does lol main real REAL COLD !!![/quote]

yup, cold and snowy!

Unread postPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:23 pm 
Omicron
Omicron

Not just a hat. Don't forget, she has your boots! :D

Don't do that.