All times are UTC - 6 hours

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
 Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUSTANG!
Unread postPosted: April 17th, 2014, 1:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mood: Cool

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/16/2015 ... -official/

Fifty years ago this week, Ford debuted the first-ever Mustang at the New York World's Fair. And to celebrate, the Blue Oval is offering up this special, 50th Anniversary Edition 2015 Mustang, which makes its debut at the New York Auto Show. It'll be a seriously limited affair, with only 1,964 examples of the special edition Mustang slated to be produced (the number chosen to coincide with the 'Stang's first year in production). But for those who raise their hands for the 50th Anniversary package, there's a pretty sweet package in store.

The 50th Anniversary Edition is based on the 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack, and is only available in two colors: Kona Blue, or Wimbledon White (pictured). The car also comes fully loaded – the only option for buyers to choose is the transmission. Should you opt for the six-speed automatic, you'll get a limited-slip rear differential with a 3.55:1 final-drive ratio (the 50th Anniversary car is also the only way to get a slushbox-equipped 'Stang with the Performance Pack). Selecting the six-speed manual 'box will net you a Torsen differential with a 3.73:1 ratio. All 50th Anniversary cars will be powered by Ford's 5.0-liter, naturally aspirated V8, estimated to produce more than 420 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque in the 2015 Mustang.

Inside, there's a cashmere-stitched, leather-wrapped steering wheel, with a similar detail found on the instrument panel, shift boot, door inserts, seats, and center armrest. Two-tone leather/black upholstery is also part of the 50th Anniversary package, and of course, there's a special logo on the seats.

Unread postPosted: April 17th, 2014, 2:31 pm 
Beta
Beta

mom, it is an excellent and nice car :)
But I think, the defect of American cars is their "high consumption of gasoline" and one of its reasons is the large number of their cylinders. Generally,It is not a good thing in the century which gasoline is going to be the most expensive hydrocarbon fuel in the world, in addition to increasing the number of the annual produced cars.

Unread postPosted: April 17th, 2014, 3:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

that is one of the problems, I agree.... we do use a lot of gas :(

Unread postPosted: April 17th, 2014, 4:42 pm 
Omega
Omega

Mood: Happy

gas is a Problem, but between that georgous Mustang and a VWBeetle, I'll take the mustang.. I always loved them, tho I never owned one..
I did own two Camaro's Brand new, first was red and the 2nd was convertible with yellow and black top'' they were Hot, wish I had them Now....................

Smile:: It makes people wonder what you have been up to ""

Unread postPosted: April 18th, 2014, 12:30 am 
Beta
Beta

mom wrote:

Of course the American cars are the powerful, comfortable and equipped cars but I think the most of people don't use the maximum of their power and speed. So the only thing that remain, is the additional fuel consumption.
Also I have heard some American people are interested to buy the outside cars, like German, Japanese, Korean and recently, Chinese? Is this news right?

Unread postPosted: April 18th, 2014, 1:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Manss wrote:
mom wrote:

Of course the American cars are the powerful, comfortable and equipped cars but I think the most of people don't use the maximum of their power and speed. So the only thing that remain, is the additional fuel consumption.
Also I have heard some American people are interested to buy the outside cars, like German, Japanese, Korean and recently, Chinese? Is this news right?

Americans buy all kinds of cars, from everywhere, and many of American cars are bought and taken to other countries....

Unread postPosted: April 19th, 2014, 3:02 am 
Most Entertaining
Most Entertaining

That 2015 one is a beauty, Mom! :-bd :-bd :-bd

Unread postPosted: April 19th, 2014, 8:34 am 

Manss wrote:

We buy cars from all over the world, in America you can buy anything you want all it takes is $$$.

Unread postPosted: April 19th, 2014, 8:39 am 

mom wrote:
Fifty years ago this week, Ford debuted the first-ever Mustang at the New York World's Fair. And to celebrate, the Blue Oval is offering up this special, 50th Anniversary Edition 2015 Mustang, which makes its debut at the New York Auto Show.

I've been a Ford man nearly all my adult life but I just can't take the way the Mustang looks, I much rather have a Camaro or Challenger.

If they wanted to make the Mustang a true 50th anniversary edition they should call it a 2014½ as the Mustang debut was 1964½.

Unread postPosted: April 19th, 2014, 1:30 pm 
Beta
Beta

Literally Speaking wrote:
Manss wrote:

We buy cars from all over the world, in America you can buy anything you want all it takes is $$$.

As I said this new Mustang is an excellent and dreamy car. I really love it and wish to have one, but unfortunately I haven't $. I even will be happy to have a lower model of Mustang, it is a top car. I basically love American and German cars. The brand of German car that I wish to have is the series of SL Benz. Also I choose the American cars as Mustang, Buick, Chevrolet, Camaro and so on. Those are the strong, powerful, equipped, luxuriant, comfortable and resistant cars. However, the No.1 car that I love is Benz and then the other cars that I mentioned. I love traveling and in my opinion Benz is the most ideal car for such propose, powerful, soft and silent.

Unread postPosted: April 19th, 2014, 2:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Literally Speaking wrote:
mom wrote:
Fifty years ago this week, Ford debuted the first-ever Mustang at the New York World's Fair. And to celebrate, the Blue Oval is offering up this special, 50th Anniversary Edition 2015 Mustang, which makes its debut at the New York Auto Show.

I've been a Ford man nearly all my adult life but I just can't take the way the Mustang looks, I much rather have a Camaro or Challenger.

If they wanted to make the Mustang a true 50th anniversary edition they should call it a 2014½ as the Mustang debut was 1964½.

they surely do look different... Im not liking this new one very much, I did kind of like the last one, I really like the early models...we have a 60's convertible and fastback....I like the new Challenger as well!

I wonder why they didnt release an early model Mustang like they did in 64? :-?